May 1, 2018
April 3, 2018 minutes were approved as printed.
Several areas were not represented at this meeting. Discussion from the attending principals is as follows:
- USHERS – Their backup usher list is satisfactory for now, and they are wearing their casual summer garb for ushering.
- ACOLYTES – Linda Craycraft will be gone in August – may or may not need a fill-in at the 10:30 service some Sundays.
- ATTENDANCE RECORDERS – The UMM have purchased 60 new attendance record books. Thank you, UMM!! The logistics problem of picking up the books and returning them to the sanctuary has been solved.
- WELCOME WAGON – David McCord & Valerie Pacini are doing a wonderful job at the Welcome Wagon and would like to have more visitors stop by.
- COMMUNION STEWARDS – There is always a need for more helpers.
- SEASONAL DECORATING/VISUALS – These gals are changing the visuals on the choir loft wall seasonally. They look beautiful!!! They are wanting to organize and clean the basement below the sanctuary where several Christmas items are stored. They’ll need some help with the project. Let Gwen Kiser or Mary Ann Lemley know if you’re available.
- OTHER: Several comments were made regarding the effect the choir marching in has made on the noise level when we should be preparing ourselves for worship. A suggestion was also made that an activity area for the “little people” be made available during worship, preferably in the narthex so the monitoring adults can hear the worship service. This suggestion will be passed on to the next Staff Meeting. Our next meeting will be June 5, 2018 – 2:00 PM – Conference Room.