Greetings and Salutations! And welcome back, snowbirds!
I know you are not ALL back, but I know you will be on your way soon!
We are still in need of two officers to fill our officer slate:
- Coord., Membership Care – responsible for contacting new church members (letters pre-written, brochures, postage through church office) and sending cards and being aware of membership needs.
- Coord, Missions and Social Justice – Maintaining information files on our local and global missions, and awareness of Social Action information provided by District.
There will be training for these position at the Annual Leadership Development Day in Jan. The Unit pays for your attendance. And we are always there to back you up! Please call me, Marty Merryman, if you would like to know more.
We have a VERY BUSY month ahead!
I hope in all of these activities you find something that speaks to you to participate in!
- Friday, Oct. 12, we will celebrate our UNIT at our Annual Salad Luncheon. UMW members are asked to bring a salad to share AND a baby picture of yourself. We are having a BABY SHOWER to benefit Choices Pregnancy Center’s (CPC) “Baby Boutique” and are asking for donations of diapers, toiletries for baby, clothes (new or used). The response to this mission effort has been WONDERFUL! Our program will be a speaker, Elouise Nathaniel, of CPC. We will enjoy lunch with background music (baby-themed!) from our own Jeanne Meisser. Pastor John will bless all of our donations (after all, he is an honorary UMW member!). Call the church office to sign up RIGHT NOW: 623-974-5821.
- On Saturday, Oct 20, we are having a CRAFT FAIR from 8 to 3 in Smoot Hall. We have about 20 vendors who will have items for purchase. Come get your Christmas shopping done!
- On Friday and Saturday, Oct 26 and 27, is our annual RUMMAGE SALE! We are always looking for workers! Even if you can spend only a couple of hours sometime that week (Mon through Thursday we sort and set up! The sale is Friday and Saturday), come on down and we can put you to work! And don’t forget, you can SHOP, too! Through this effort, we have been able to give over $17,000 to local and global missions over the past two years!
WHEW! We are TRULY WOMEN IN ACTION!