Bee Quiz – How do bees communicate?
- A Secret Language Called “bee-alese”
- By Dancing
You, the congregation and friends of Lakeview United Methodist Church, are in step with a number of distinguished people. Presidential families Eisenhower, Bush, Clinton and Bartlett have at least one thing in common. They like Heifer International.
- In 1957, President Eisenhower donated several of his prize Angus cattle to a Heifer project in Greece.
- In 1972, he donated a bull to a relief project in Korea. That same year, First Lady Mamie Eisenhower, joined Heifer Project International’s Advisory Council.
- Following the devastating earthquake in Haiti (2010), President Clinton joined Heifer Haiti REACH (rural entrepreneurs for agricultural cooperation in Haiti.)
- In 2012, Former First Lady Laura Bush visited Zambia to observe the Mipima milk processing center in Kabwe. She said of Heifer that she was grateful for “all the ways you help the people of Zambia.”
- Even Presidents love Heifer. In Season 4 of The West Wing, Press Secretary C.J. Gregg set up a photo op for President Bartlett to promote Heifer’s work.
With all your wonderful donations, you are in good company. Keep up the good work.
Bee Answer: C – Bees do a special dance called the waggle-dance to tell their friends where food is located.