Dear Lakeview friends and family,
I am pleased to share some significant news from your Re-Connect Team who have been meeting and working regularly through the past eight months or so on appropriate procedures for us to follow in regard to Covid issues. I give thanks to the team and I hope you will also. Thank you Eli, Irene, Landon, Roger, Marion, Jim, Carole, Patty, Al, and Glade!
On May 13, the CDC stated that those who are fully vaccinated no longer need wear masks in most situation and that distancing is no longer necessary. On May 14, Bishop Hoshibata issued a letter following our Southwest Conference’s COVID Response Team meeting, shifting responsibility and granting full authority to the local church for ongoing covid response and protocols. On May 19 our team, the Re-Connect Team met for a scheduled meeting but addressed these recent changes.
As a result of the very high vaccination rate in Sun City and our success to date in in person worship, I am pleased to announce the following changes in our protocols at Lakeview and in accordance with our written plan.
- Masks are no longer mandatory for entrance to the buildings. Of course, if you are more comfortable and feel safer, or have not yet been vaccinated, please continue to wear one.
- You need not “social distance” but we do recommend minimal hugging or physical contact at this point.
- The barriers between pews in the sanctuary will be removed except for the south quarter seating allowing for distancing for anyone who wishes to take advantage of that option.
- For the 8 a.m. worship service – the Chapel is open!!! We will worship in the chapel this Sunday, May 23.
- Reservations are NOT required for any worship service.
- Hand wash stations remain at the entrances to our buildings. Please use them and continue to practice good hygiene – something we should always do anyway.
- If you do not feel well or have symptoms of an illness, please stay home and take advantage of our on-line streaming to worship.
- Ushers will continue to hand out communion supplies, announcements, and attendance slips when you enter.
- The conference room is now available for small groups and meetings, so our campus is now fully open.
- Our inner office area will remain closed to traffic, so please use the main office door. This is not only for staff safety and security but ensures our workflow continues on schedule.
I am so thankful for your cooperation in following the protocols and keeping each other safe. We have now been worshipping together almost six months since the end of November 2020, safely. I trust each of you to make good decisions for your own health and the health of one another as we continue to love one another and grow as a family. We are committed to maintaining and growing our on-line worship experience, hybrid meetings (both on-line and in person) and other means of connecting like your neighborhood group. I strongly encourage you to be active and committed to your neighborhood group for your support and theirs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. We are continuing to monitor the Arizona Department of Health recommendations, the CDC, our response team and the conference so that we can appropriately adjust as time and the situation dictate.
Grace and Peace, Pastor John & your Re-Connect Team